You manage your stock transactions with the 22 Dividends app and want to create a backup or use the transaction data in a different way? There is a solution: the export to Google Sheets.
The transaction exporter creates a new Google Sheets spreadsheet in your account and saves the data similar to the spreadsheet format of the importer (see Import Stock Transactions from Google Sheets).
Assumption: We assume that you already have stocks with buy/sell transactions in your portfolio.
- Open the menu drawer by clicking in the upper left corner or swiping from left to right
- Now, open the “Export…” menu.
- Select “Export to Google Sheets”
- Sign-in to your Google account using your credentials.
- You can change the name of the exported spreadsheet.
Hint: The app always creates a new spreadsheet. So, you can’t loose data by overwriting an existing one. From time to time you should delete no longer required outdated spreadsheets.
- After the spreadsheet has been created you will see a result screen that allows you to copy or share the URL of the spreadsheet or share the URL.
- The spreadsheet has the same columns as the import template (see Import Stock Transactions from Google Sheets).
Hint: You can edit the exported transactions and re-import the into the app.